occasionally, something can happen before the start of a trip. With our cancellation insurance you are financially protected. Secure yourself and take out this trip cancellation insurance Hotel Cancellation Plus right now.
The insurance must be taken out at the same time as the journey is booked.
If the insurances is not taken out at the same time as the journey is booked, cover for trip cancellation benefits does not start until the 10th day following conclusion of insurance.
Insured reasons for trip cancellation / trip interruption
The following events are covered as reasons for trip cancellation / trip interruption, if as a result you are unexpectedly unable to commence the trip or have to break it off:
- unexpectedly occurring serious illness*, serious physical injury caused by an accident, adverse reactions to a vaccination or death;
- loosening of implanted joints*;
- unexpectedly occurring serious illness*, serious physical injury caused by an accident or death (including suicide) of a family member, making your presence absolutely necessary;
- pregnancy, if the pregnancy is determined after booking the journey, or severe pregnancy complications up to the 35th week of pregnancy inclusive*;
- serious damage to your property at the place of residence as a result of acts of God (e.g. flood, storm), fire, burst water pipes or criminal act of a third party, making your presence absolutely necessary;
- loss of job without fault, as a result of notice of termination issued by the employer;
- call-up to basic military service or alternative civilian service;
- submission of an action for divorce to the competent court or, in the case of registered life partnerships, the submission of a petition for dissolution before the trip to be taken jointly by the married couple/civil partners;
- dissolution of the relationship of two partners living together (who have had the same registered address for at least 6 months) by the giving up of the joint residence immediately before the trip to be undertaken jointly by the partners concerned;
- failure to pass the school-leaving certificate examination, or a similar final examination for a course of school education lasting at least 3 years;
- receipt of an unexpectet judical summons.
* In the event of sickness/accident please have a detailed medical certificate made out by the treating doctor.
No cover is provided, for example, if the reason for trip cancellation or trip interruption
The contractual basis are the EUROPÄISCHE travel insurance conditions (Hotel Industry) 2012 (ERV-RVB Hotel Industry 2012). Please note: The official text is the German version „EUROPÄISCHE Reiseversicherungsbedingungen Hotellerie 2012 (ERV-RVB Hotellerie 2012)”. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes.
Maximum insurable travel cost € 10.000,00
With participation of a single person the maximum travel price amounts 3,500 €.
With participation of several person the maximum travel price amounts 7,500 €
Name(s) of the insured person(s):
Cover applies in respect of one trip of up to 31 days.
Cover applies in respect of one trip of up to 31 days in Europe. Please note that the maximum sum insured for trip cancellation per booking/event insured is € 10,000.-.
Please insert your email address, we will send you the copy of this document.
The trip cancellation insurance is only valid after receipt of payment!
How do I take the insurance?
- Complete the sections "premium calculation" and "taking out insurance"
- Decide how you want to pay:
- ONLINE PAYMENT
- select credit card and complete payment cycle
- following successful payment you will receive confirmation of insurance by email
- Bank Payment
- the summary will be sent to you immediately via email
- You pay the insurance premium to the bank account indicated
- cover only becomes valid after the premium has been paid
- you will not receiv any confirmation if you pay by this method; your transfer confirmation applies exclusively
- Enter your email address to receive you sommery of travel cancellation cover
- Trip cancellation: Reimbursement of cancellation costs if trip not started up to selected trip price (no excess)
- Trip interruption: Reimbursement of the booked but unused travel service up to selectet trip price
- Delayed arrival: Reimbursement of additional costs of overnight accomodation and meals during the outward journey up to € 400.-
- Involuntary extension of holiday: Reimbursement of additional costs of overnight accommodation and meals at the holiday destination up to € 2,000.-
- Search and rescue costs: in the event of an accident or in the event of distress in the mountains or at sea up to € 7,500.- (incl. helicopter rescue)
Who is insured?
The insured event shall apply to the insured person concerned and additionally for the following co-travelling persons with equivalent insurance:
- family members of the insured person concerned;
- per insured event a maximum of three further persons.
Family members shall be the spouse (or registered life partner or live-in partner in a joint household), the children (stepchildren, children-in-law, grandchildren,
foster children), the parents (step parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, foster parents), the siblings and brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law of the insured person; in the case of registered life partner or live-in partner in a joint household also their children, parents and siblings.
When does the insurance cover apply?
The insurance cover for trip cancellation benefits shall commence upon payment of premium. The insurance must be taken out at the same time as the journey is booked.
If the premium is not paid at the same time as the journey is booked, cover for trip cancellation benefits does not start until the 10th day following conclusion of insurance. (except in cases of accident, death or act of God).
Information letter within the meaning of Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30.06.2003 "Data Protection Code” As provided in Art. 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003 we INFORM you that the personal ordinary (and in exceptional cases also sensitive) data collected in the context of the present travel cancellation cover will be used by our association hogast Italien exclusively for the processing and management of insurance services, and will subsequently be passed on to Europäische Reiseversicherung AG, Kratochwjlestrasse 4, A-1220 Vienna) and to the hotel booked by you. Our association guarantees, within the framework of the statutory requirements, that the processing of personal data is subject to consideration of the fundamental rights, freedoms and dignity of the person affected, with special reference to secrecy, personal identity and the right to the protection of personal data. We would draw your attention to the fact that full information regarding such data processing and the rights of the person affected is available on our website www.hogast.it
Europäische Reiseversicherung AG,
Kratochwjlestraße 4, A-1220 Vienna,
Tel. +43/1/317 25 00-73930, Fax: +43/1/319 93 67
Seat in Vienna. Commercial register HG Wien FN 55418y, DVR-Nr. 0490083. The company belongs to the Group of Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A., Trieste, which is registered in the register of insurance groups of IVASS under no. 026. Supervisory authority: FMA Financial Market Authority, Department: Insurance Supervision, Otto-Wagner-Platz 5, A-1090 Vienna.
Queries concerning insurance cover and premium payment:
hogast Italien Genossenschaft
Schlachthofstraße 59, I-39100 Bozen
Tel: +39/0471/975 040
Office hours: 08.00–12.30 and 13.30–17.00